We moved to Texas about a month ago and I LOVE our new apartment! Our first apartment was tiny but it did have a lot of beautiful character (like a huge brick fireplace) but our new apartment is much bigger with a full kitchen and two bedrooms.
With that said, it’s still a small space that we are renting. That creates decorating dilemmas: small space and renting.
Here are the main problems we need to solve:
- Storage. Even with an extra closet and more cabinets its really hard to be organized and have a place for everything!
- White. I love neutral colors. My Pinterest boards are full of white and neutrals, but apartment white is different…
- No budget. I mean, we literally don’t have a budget, as in no money.
- I’m a Nanny, how do I decorate in a kid friendly fun way without sacrificing my style?
This next month I’m going to attempt to write 31 posts covering ideas, tutorials and solutions to these problems as a part of The Nesting Place’s annual 31 Day event!
Come back here to this page for links to each day or check out the menu tab above!
- Our Apartment.
- Kid Friendly Decorating Ideas
- So. Much. White.
- Working with White
- Working with White in a COLORFUL Way
- It doesn’t need to be Pinterest Perfect
- Why Hide It? (Storage solutions)
- Our First Apartment
- Making a Space Feel Bigger
- Pretty Pumpkins (Fixing my Texas Pumpkin Problem)
- Quick Tips
- Save $$$- Craigslist and Thrift Store Tips!
- Create a Closet
- Live with Less in a Small Space
- Real Vintage Homemaking
- Decorating Idea Board
- DIY- You can do it!
- Where to Start? (which I perhaps should have written first)
- Pulling Double Duty- Maximize your small space
- My Laundry Room Plan
- Pet Dilemmas
- Cleaning Schedule
- 5+ Tips for Enjoying Homemaking
- Make your Home “Homey”
- Sneaky Storage
- Holiday & Seasonal Decorating In a Small Space
- Tips from the Pros
- Spouse Friendly Decorating
- The Bathroom
- Decorating Walls Without Paint!
- Wrap up and My Favorites