Our little house is really starting to come together. I’m really happy with where my clean-eclectic-farmhouse style is going. But the last room to get love is our tiny master bedroom. It feels like a dumping ground of laundry baskets, mail, and whatever I don’t want to look at. Not very relaxing, though these two little pictures don’t look that bad.
I created a new design mood board to guide my decorating; I’m sure it will take a while to finish because I like to thrift and collect pieces to give more character and save money.
The room itself is finished as far as renovation goes. We just need to hang closet doors and, of course, I think sliding barn doors would be AWESOME! Something like this…
Here’s what I’d like to make the room feel like…
- Hang bookshelves around the ceiling. Fun from a design aspect and taking advantage of our tall ceilings for storaging of our rather large and growing book collection.
- Build or buy a padded headboard. We like to read in bed and this would make it so much comfier.
- brass or copper lamps and accents
- Upcycle small dressers for side tables and storage.
- recover grandma’s antique chair
- move the blue rug from the living room into the bedroom
- make or buy fun accent pillows and art
Find links to these pictures, posts and products on my Pinterest board Little Bedroom.