I have this lovely song playing through my head right now as I try to make myself feel better. It’s my last day with my Nanny babies 😦 It’s a good day but a sad one.
If the dog bit you today, or your feeling bad, maybe a few of my favorite things can cheer you up too!
- Peach Ginger Tea or Pumpkin Spice Tea. I’m not a big tea drinker but on sick days Peach Ginger Tea with a little honey is lovely. Also, I love this packaging. I don’t know why it makes me so happy, but I love having all my teas lined up on my shelf in their handy little boxes.
- Starbucks Skinny lattes or mochas. If you’ve been around Making Life Beautiful for a while you’ll know that I LOVE coffee and that I’m on a get-healthy journey. I can still get my happy little caffeine boost and not feel like I’ve cheated on my carrot sticks.
- Sherlock and Elementary. I love both shows for different reasons; one of the reasons being I like to compare different artists take on books. I just finished Volume I of The Complete Sherlock Holmes and its so fun to see where each episode get inspiration from the original text! Besides, who doesn’t love Bennedict Cumberbach and I love Lucy Lui.
- Jon Foreman. I love his laid back music. It’s acoustic, soulful, and full of truth. Jeff likes it too. In fact, we used his song “In My Arms” as my entrance song at our wedding two and a half years ago. My favorite band also happens to be Switchfoot (he’s their lead singer.)
- Nike and GoWalks. As a nanny and runner my feet, legs, and back are very important. I’m either chasing down a two year old, pounding the pavement, or standing for-ev-er rocking grumpy babies. Healthy back and joints depend on good shoes! For running I love Nike LunarGlides, my new pair came in the mail yesterday!!! Whooo!!! . Nike creates well built, cute shoes, and, well, if I’m gonna be sweaty and gross at least my feet can be cute! I never thought I’d love a pair of Scetchers, but their GoWalks are incredibly comfortable and the sneaker style is really cute! My sister wears them everyday to work at the hardware store and I wear them everyday to nanny. My feet and knees are still happy at the end of the day!
- Singing praise in the car. I was in choir in high school but I’ve lost my voice since then. Vocal chords are a muscle, and I don’t have the natural knack for singing, so being out of practice for five years makes me pretty much keep my voice to myself (or to my nanny babies- they like singing and dancing). I love turning the music up loud in the car on a bad day and praising Jesus! Taking the focus off of myself and putting it on my Savior always seems to lift my mood. One of my favorites is How He Loves.
- My Cat, Watson. I wrote about her already, so if you like reading about other people’s pets, you can click here to read The Cat Post.
- Rain and Thunderstorms. I especially love them when I can curl up next to an open window and the wood-stove at home with a good book and a cup of coffee. But I also like running in the rain, occasionally anyway.
- Brownies. Pretty much chocolate anything, but brownies are my favorite dessert. I shared my favorite brownie recipe here, and it’s so good my mouth is watering just thinking about it!
- Pride and Prejudice. I’ve read the book so many times I can’t even remember now. My best friend/sister in law and I use to watch the newest version in the dorm everyday as we did homework and crafts. I often put in the BBC version as I do housework or crafts nowadays; I’ve seen it so many times I just need to hear it to be able to see what’s going on in my head. 🙂 Watching or reading Pride and Prejudice always cheers me up.
- I blogged about more things that make me happy HERE.
<–Read Yesterday’s 31 Day’s Post: 20 in 2014: The Books I’ve Read so Far This Year