I’m one of those people who is itching to listen to Christmas carols and decorate the tree but my husband is one of those people who sees those things as ridiculous-at least before Thanksgiving. I have been “forbidden” to decorate the Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. I have managed to find a loophole and have started decorating everything besides the tree and I listen to carols at work but I’m thankful for Jeff and I’s different views. I am, by nature, the impatient crazy one and he is the serious thoughtful one. He slows me down to think and it’s important to remember Thanksgiving because we are to be people constatly giving praise and thanksgiving to God.
God has blessed me with so much and, in honor of Thanksgiving though we should be thankful year round, I wanted to share…
20 Things I’m Thankful For:
- First and foremost I’m thankful for Jesus. If God had not sent His Son to die for my sins, if God had not called me, if God had not saved me through Christ’s sacrifice I would have nothing. Everything is worthless compared to Christ. Without Him I am just a woman. With Him I am saved. I am the adopted, chosen daughter of the King of Kings, heir to the kingdom with the Prince of Peace, and daily I can rely on the Power of the Holy Spirit.
- I’m blessed to have Jeff as my husband and best friend. There’s so much to be thankful for that involves him so I’ll just give you one example of how well he knows and understands me and takes care of me. A few nights ago I couldn’t sleep. I had an interview the next day and my legs were aching, my head was spinning and the cat was going haywire all around 3am. Jeff realized I was heading into a bit of a panic so he set me back in bed (as I had tried to chase the cat in my sleep deprived state and had begun to sob) got me a glass of water and Advil and then read to me from our favorite bedtime book (Robert Frost’s complete collection of poetry) until I settled down and fell asleep. I’m so thankful to have a husband who knows me better than I do and strives to love me like Christ.
- I’m thankful to have such a great family. I love (and miss) my family so much. Mom, Dad, Rachel and Cherry I’m so excited to see you soon! Coming home for Christmas is the best present ever!
- I’m beyond blessed with an amazing In-law family. Sherine and Byron, you are really like second parents to me and I love you dearly! Riley, Ben and Abby- I’m so blessed to call you brothers and sister 🙂
- Friends. I have so many wonderful friends so I’ll only mention a few here, but you are all loved! Nikki, I’m so glad we became friends and then sisters! Katt, my unexpected bestie, you are a daily blessing. Emily, I miss you (and Jeff misses Joe!) and I hope we get to see you both soon! Amy, thanks for always being there for me!
- So blessed to have a Gospel preaching, Biblically solid church here in Waco.
- Our small group Bible Study. I’ve made some amazing friends and have grown so much within the last few months with their love and support and in our conversations.
- Our Apartment. Cheap, very safe and nicely taken care of.
- Our car. That whole day. My mind was blown by how good God is.
- Jeff’s ability to go to Law school, and the scholarship that provided a way.
- Kitten. She makes me laugh every day.
- Food to eat and clean water to drink- not everyone can say that and it’s important we don’t forget.
- The ability to run. I love being active and I need to run more so it doesn’t hurt so much! 🙂
- My job. It’s incredible honor and responsibility to be trusted with someone else’s kids. I’ve fallen in love with my two little kiddos and am blessed to have finally found a job I love.
- My education and time at Corban University. I made priceless friends and memories there while getting my degree.
- Skype and Face Time. I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t get to see my loved one’s faces every once in a while being way down here in Texas.
- America. There is a lot wrong with her but I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.
- The freedom to worship. I’m headed to Bible Study tonight and we must pray for our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they live somewhere in the world that severely limits their religious freedoms.
- Turkey and Pie, and gravey and Pie, and potatoes and Pie! And having a place to go on Thanksgiving! Thanks Laura!
- Christmas. 😀
Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.