~This month I’ve been covering Decorating Dilemmas for renters and small space livers. It’s been awesome! But with one week left I’m feeling stretched for topics- is there something I haven’t covered? Is there something you want me to show you or give my opinion on? Leave a comment!
Our apartment has a great amount of storage for an apartment, but somehow there still isn’t enough room! (First world problems…) This is when it’s time to get sneaky!
- Instead of a coffee table, use a few storage ottomans pushed together with a tray on top. Storage and cuteness and extra seating! I like these simple ones from Target, they are pretty reasonably priced and it would be easy to recover them with fun fabric.
- Or try using a trunk! Sometimes you can find these for great deals at thrift stores.
- Create a Makeshift Closet!
- Under the bed! This doesn’t sound too sneaky because it’s a typical dumping ground for junk, but what if it were organized? Stores sell under the bed storage containers but if you’re tight on money boxes work too! I cut a couple moving boxes to the right height and added some rope handles.
- Look Up! Use your storage space all the way to the ceiling! Use tall bookshelves and hang wall shelves high!
- Look Low! Baskets under the coffee table, under the kitchen sink below the dining room table even? A table cloth can hide some storage from sight.
- On top of the fridge. Magazine holders can be a cute and awesome way to organize the top of your fridge! I found cute dollar ones at Target or you could make your own out of cereal boxes! You can also store your pretty vases, pitchers and platter there.
- Doors and cabinets. Over the door hooks for bags and coats, shoe caddies for cleaning supplies, magazine holders on your cupboard doors. so many possibilities for these unassuming portals!