Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanks giving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:6,7
The Lord really knew what I needed to hear this morning, and really every waking second of my life.
If I were to pick a theme for my life it would be Trust God, because He is always having to reteach me that He is faithful, all-powerful, all-knowing, and He already has it taken care of- so would you just chill Becca!
In my senior year of high school I found my life verse. Some people get confused by this term, it’s definitely one of those “Christian phrases” that is kind of weird. A life verse to me isn’t just a near-cliche-inspirational-verse, but the verse that defines what God is teaching me throughout my life. For me it is to trust Him completely.
My Life Verse:
“Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you.” Psalm 37:5
I even spent a whole year focused on this topic. When I was an RA at Corban University, I themed my hall on Matthew 6:25-34. During one of our hall Bible studies, the girls and I did an artsy photo shoot depicting what we needed to Trust God with, and it was awesome.
Trusting God means not worrying or being anxious. That is not easy, story of my life. But the Lord gives us how and why in Philippians 4:6&7.
- Instead of being anxious, pray! Tell God about it, every nitty-gritty doubt and worry. He wont be surprised. He knows everything, but He wants to hear it from you- He wants you to talk with Him, to have a relationship with Him.
- “by prayer and supplication.” Supplication means to ask. Don’t be afraid to ask God specifically for what you want and need! He may have different plans, but He knows what He’s doing and His plans are good.
- “supplication with Thanks.” Remember to thank Him for what He has already done! Your life is so full of blessings, remembering and thanking God for them will help you not to worry- He has taken care of you in the past and He will continue to do it!
- Peace, God given, incomprehensible peace. Laying your worry at God’s feet in return for His peace is a pretty good deal-so go ahead and take it! He Loves you, and His peace is a gift that will guard you.
- Thank God for Jesus, He is the reason we can come before God with our worries. Jesus died on the cross in our place, taking our punishment, and then rose to life again so that we could come to Him without a insurmountable wall of separation (sin). Only God can tear down that wall. Christ did. Hallelujah!
What do you need to trust God with today?